Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. You seem to be running a tad late this morning.
JOE: Well, a little. I had planned to talk with you earlier. Then I remembered unfinished business from yesterday and decided to finish it first.
CALLIOPE: What was your business?
JOE: I had planned to deliver promotional materials to the Daily News for them to consider coverage of The Pastor's Inferno's release. I had to change my writing brochure to include my new logo and also print a copy of the Ten Reasons For and Against Reading The Pastor's Inferno.
CALLIOPE: I see. Speaking of which, have you had any further thoughts about the reasons.
JOE: I made a few minor changes in the wording and decided I can always change them in the future if need be. I have been planning a series of videos for YouTube and MySpace. I thought I would try one on the Ten Reasons as a practice run. If it turns out okay I will post it and consider some other videos.
CALLIOPE: Rather high tech these days, aren't we?
JOE: I suppose so. If you're not up to it, let me know and I'll try it on my own. But I would like your help.
CALLIOPE: I was thinking of the quote from Alexander Pope, "Be not the first by whom the new are tried, not yet the last to lay the old aside."
JOE: So what kind of a response is that?
CALLIOPE: Just to say I am with you in this relatively new adventure. We can both learn along the way and benefit from the experience of those who have proceeded us.
JOE: You're rather philosophical this morning.
CALLIOPE: Remember I have been around for a long time. Someone has to remember the old sayings.
JOE: Thanks for your contribution. On to the day's events.
(Westminster Abbey- London)

No comments: