Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Fine and ready to go. I am planning a trip to the Strong Play Museum with my grandson for his birthday today to see the Grossology exhibit. So I'm not sure how much time I will have for literary pursuits.
CALLIOPE: Grandchildren are important too. Have fun with him. How about yesterday?
JOE: I was quite busy. I started working on a comprehensive marketing plan I found at Authors on the Net. I am excited about the prospects of getting organized.
CALLIOPE: Good. What else is going on?
JOE: I started corresponding with some other writers at Book Marketers' Network. I am starting to develop some contacts. As part of my marketing plan, I set a goal of fifty network contacts in the next three months. I also found time to edit a couple chapters of Marital Property.
CALLIOPE: You are busy. What's on deck for today in your limited time?
JOE: I have a column due Saturday and plan to do it on what I have been reading of Eckhart Tolle in The Power of Now.
CALLIOPE: What did you like about his book?
JOE: I haven't finished it yet but was impressed by his statements that depression is associated with the past and anxiety with the future, while all we have to live in is the present. I thought it was a profound insight.
CALLIOPE: I can't wait to hear what you do with it.
JOE: I will post the column on my website on Saturday. Let me know what you think.
(Carol contemplating Lagoon Pond- Martha's Vineyard)


No comments: