Friday, April 11, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you this morning.
JOE: Raring to go. I've already added new friends through Writer's Cafe and responded to some reviews of stories I posted there yesterday. It is heartening.
CALLIOPE: What's the best thing about all this?
JOE: Being in contact with writers who appreciate what I write and from whom I can learn by the example of their writing. It's good to be part of a community after working alone for so long.
CALLIOPE: There certainly is something to be said for it. I can't be your total inspiration.
JOE: I don't expect you to be. But I do appreciate you. I just heard from another writer who hates his muse. I wonder if it could really be a muse or perhaps a harpie or some other vile creature.
CALLIOPE: Perhaps. He should complain and get a proper muse.
JOE: I thought so too and told him the same thing. I have been working on a marketing plan for my writing.
CALLIOPE: Is it done yet?
JOE: Not quite. I think the elements are coming together. My mentors at http://www.authorsonthenet.com/ suggest "a written goal, a strategy to support that goal and tactics to use to execute the strategy." I am working on getting that together and plan to have it finished by tomorrow.
CALLIOPE: Will you keep me posted.
JOE: Yes. I don't know if I will have it completed by the time we chat tomorrow but I'll be sure to let you know how it's coming.
CALLIOPE: Thanks. I would appreciate that.
JOE: I have plenty to do today and better get at it. See you tomorrow.
(Butterfly Museum- Niagara Falls, Ontario)

No comments: