Monday, April 28, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How did the short story context go Saturday?
JOE: Very well. As you may recall it was conducted by Writer's Weekly online. Just as promised, the them and expected number of words appeared in an an email promptly at 1:00 PM.
CALLIOPE: Then what?
JOE: I got right to work. It was a 24 hour contest, but I had my story finished., edited and submitted in three and a half hours.
CALLIOPE: What was the title?
JOE: The Child Bride.
CALLIOPE: Will I get to see it?
JOE: Eventually. I won't know for about a month how the contest works out. The magazine keeps first electronic rights and will publish the winners. After that, I should be free to publish the story and make sure you see it. I am quite proud of it and can't wait for you to see it.
CALLIOPE: I do have some idea what it's about.
JOE: I thought you might. It was very easy to write. I thought you might be whispering some suggestions in the background somewhere.
CALLIOPE: What else does a muse have to do on Saturday afternoon?
JOE: Well anyway, thanks.
CALLIOPE: What's up for today?
JOE: Editing Marital Property which I didn't get a chance to work on Saturday due to the contest. I also have a new marketing idea I learned from John Kremer.
CALLIOPE: Which is?
JOE: I want to work on it for a while before I share it. I'll tell you tomorrow.
(Harbor- Cascais, Portugal)

No comments: