Monday, April 21, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. Ready for another week?
JOE: I guess. I have been making some changes but having trouble incorporating them. I have a new logo which I created yesterday.
CALLIOPE: I noticed. So you are doing a little drawing and painting as well as writing?
JOE: Yes. I thought I needed to do something a little different.
CALLIOPE: What else did you do yesterday?
JOE: Quite a bit of yard work with Carol. Later, I finally got to read the current issue of Writer's Digest and enjoyed finding a raft of websites related to writing. I will have to explore them when I get a chance.
CALLIOPE: When will that be?
JOE: Little by little. I will start with some editing of Marital Property this morning. As I mentioned last week, my editing work tends to end up on the back burner with all my excitement about marketing. Sometimes is is hard to keep a balance.
CALLIOPE: I can't argue with you there. I'll try keeping you upright in you chair and your fingers in motion.
JOE: Thanks for the steadying influence.
CALLIOPE: What else is on the docket this week.
JOE: It's time for another column. I was thinking of writing one about priest abuse in reaction to the Pope's comments the other day.
CALLIOPE: That's a bit controversial, isn't it?
JOE: I suppose so. But this is an issue I have been thinking about for some time and just finished Marital Property about this issue. I think it's about time I said something public about the issue. Guess I had better get on with it. See you tomorrow.


(Lillian Hellman's Cabana- Aquinnah, Martha's Vineyard)

No comments: