Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Conversations with Calliope




JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. I've been expecting you.
JOE: Don't make it sound like I have abandoned you. Actually I was off in Rochester participating in an interesting study of the relationship between flu shots, arthritis and bio terrorist invasions. CALLIOPE: Do you understand the study?
JOE: Not really. But after all the help Strong Hospital Immunology program was to me with my arthritis in a former study, I am glad to help in any way I can.
CALLIOPE: I'm glad you are making a public contribution. So what's happening on the literary front?
JOE: I started with editing yesterday as I said I would. I'm glad I did. If I had put it off, I am sure I would never have gotten to it.
CALLIOPE: What else is going on?
JOE: I am continuing to explore MySpace and a number of groups for writers.
CALLIOPE: What kind of sites?
JOE: I found a critique group, Critique Circle Online Writing Workshop and have been exploring marketing forums for authors. There is quite a bit to choose from.
CALLIOPE: How will you decide what is useful?
JOE: I think I will follow the conversations for a while and also participate. Then I will see what is of most use to me. I am mainly interested in improving my writing and in marketing it. I will concentrate on those areas.
CALLIOPE: Sounds good.
JOE: I sometimes feel it is more than I can handle, but I'll do my best to keep up with it all. Talk with you tomorrow.

(19th Printing press- Genesee Country Village)

No comments: