Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Excellent. I have been quite busy already this morning.
CALLIOPE: Doing what?
JOE: I was accepted for Critique Circle writers group and was busy listing my personal information as well as information about my writing.
CALLIOPE: What is the purpose of that group?
JOE: It is designed for writers to critique each others' writing and gain wider feedback than might be possible otherwise. So far I have been limited to asking people I know and the other members of my writing group at Lift Bridge Writers. I am looking forward to the input and also practice reviewing others' work.
CALLIOPE: Sounds interesting. Keep me posted. What about your editing of Marital Property?
JOE: To be honest, it was difficult yesterday to drag myself away from my marketing efforts and get busy on editing. I know I am trying for a balance, but I think my excitement about marketing has quite a strong pull despite my best intentions.
CALLIOPE: So, did you work on your novel or didn't you?
JOE: Sorry. Yes, I did at least for a while. Today, right after I get done with this posting, I will get busy on editing before delving again into marketing. I better get at it before the momentum fades. See you tomorrow.

(Plants anxious to get outside for the summer)

No comments: