Monday, April 07, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How was your weekend?
JOE: Good. In addition to losing three pounds last week while successfully negotiating parties and cakes, I got to work on some reading yesterday.
CALLIOPE: Tell me about it.
JOE: I continued reading Eckhart Tolle's book, The Power of Now. I am watching his series with Oprah and decided to reread his other book.
CALLIOPE: What have you discovered?
JOE: He presents a way of looking at and living life which frees us from guilt about the past and anxiety about the future. His ideas fit nicely with mine about commonsense wisdom.
CALLIOPE: Are you thinking of using this in your marketing?
JOE: Yes. I think it would not hurt to make the connection between what he has to say, what I have to say and also what Teilhard de Chardin and Thomas Berry have said.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like quite a group.
JOE: It is. I don't have the fame or reputation any of these other authors have but I feel a kinship with them and it is good to have them in my company.
CALLIOPE: Maybe they will inspire you to keep doing what you are doing.
JOE: They already have. Reading their works has helped me focus what is important to me and what I want to share with others.
CALLIOPE: How would you put your mission in a nutshell.
Joe: My mission is to help people look at themselves and their impact on others. I think I have been doing this in everything I have writes so far. Talk with you tomorrow.

(Paphiopedilum orchid)

No comments: