Thursday, April 03, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. What's new today?
JOE: Actually it was new yesterday. I finally finished my chapter of Marital Property about the family's trip to Nantucket. It took me quite a while to write since I included many details of the island. I have been there a couple times and was quite distracted by all I was learning. I wanted to take off a few days and visit.
CALLIOPE: When do you leave?
JOE: Not right now. I prefer going there in the Fall, although we have other plans this year. It is down to Gananaque, Ontario or Baden Baden, Germany.
CALLIOPE: Wow. Quite a choice. I will be interested to hear what you decide. What's going on closer to home?
JOE: Other than finishing the chapter, I have been working on marketing. I feel like my efforts have been rather scatter shot. But I did find a site, Book Marketing Network which looks quite promising. I have already made a few contacts.
CALLIOPE: How do you think your promotion efforts are going?
JOE: Like I said, scatter shot. I don't feel I have a consistent strategy and have a great many ideas floating around in my head. I think I need to get focused and plan to work on this in the next week or so.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like a good idea.
JOE: Glad you agree. I am also starting to think about my next project.
CALLIOPE: Which is?
JOE: Return to my nonfiction book, Commonsense Wisdom for Teens. I plan to seek input from teens on MySpace. But that's a whole other project. I guess I better get to today's work. Talk with you tomorrow.


(Great Point Lighthouse- Nantucket)

No comments: