Saturday, April 05, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Fine. It is starting to look and feel like Spring. It brightens my spirit and adds to the good feeling I have from finishing the draft of Marital Property.
CALLIOPE: Have you started with the editing yet?
JOE: I have read that it is best to let a book rest for a while after finishing a draft. I guess I'm anxious to get on with it. The beginning of the book has had plenty of time to rest. I'll work on the editing for a while and see how it goes.
CALLIOPE: What if it turns out it is too soon?
JOE: I can always put it aside and do more with Commonsense Wisdom for Teens which I was working on before.
CALLIOPE: Why did you stop working on this book?
JOE: I was getting a little frustrated. I talked with a publisher but we had trouble agreeing on how I should go about it. He wanted me to try to gather input from teens online and I had no idea how to go about it then. So I just put the book on the shelf.
CALLIOPE: And now?
JOE: I have learned more about how to get input and am ready to renew my efforts.
CALLIOPE: Good luck.
JOE: Thanks. Things always turn out to be more effort than I thought. But I have plenty of stamina these days. And so to work. Talk with you Monday.

(Sunrise- Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard)

No comments: