Saturday, April 26, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Raring to go again.
CALLIOPE: You didn't tell me how you made out with the column you were working on.
JOE: I thought about it quite a while and finally decided I was ready to write it. I told you it was to be on priest sexual abuse. I have pondered this issue in the process of planning and writing The Pastor's Inferno. It was hard to distill into 500 words.
CALLIOPE: So what did you decide?
JOE: I focused on the aspect of the mystery of priest motivation for abuse and limited myself to exploring just this.
CALLIOPE: And were you happy with the result?
JOE: Yes. You can see it in the usual place on my Commonsense Wisdom website.
CALLIOPE: I'll look at it. What's up for today?
JOE: I have been making some new Internet friends this week in the various groups to which I belong. I want to get to know them a little better and might start this process today. I also want to continue responding to blogs as I find them of interest. I signed up for a 24 hour short story contest starting this afternoon through Writer's Weekly online magazine.
CALLIOPE: Have you ever participated in something like this before?
JOE: No. It will be a new experience but I'm looking forward to it.
CALLIOPE: Good luck.
JOE: Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes on Monday.


(Sunrise in Batavia, NY)

No comments: