Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: My mind is full. I met with my fellow Lift Bridge Writers last night and had a good discussion of print on demand publishing, publicity, platforms and even got to read a couple chapters of Marital Property.
CALLIOPE: Have you been working on the book?
JOE: Yes. I wrote part of the Nantucket chapter but am busy incorporating all I learned about the island. It takes extra time. My couple is still wandering about Nantucket enjoying their visit.
CALLIOPE: Good. What's on the docket for today?
JOE: As soon as we finish writing, I plan to return to Nantucket and continue explorations with the family. Their tale is nearing the end and I am looking forward to the revision process.
CALLIOPE: What brought that up?
JOE: When I read from my original draft last night, I realized how much work there is to do in making it more immediate, accessible and specific. It's always a challenge.
CALLIOPE: I'm glad you enjoy it. Anything else you are up to?
JOE: I was exploring Google Mail yesterday and discovered Google Reader. I have been looking for a good news aggregator. Windows doesn't seem to do a very good job. I have been assembling useful sources of information for publishing and for publicity of The Pastor's Inferno.
CALLIOPE: Never a dull moment.
JOE: Certainly not. Time to get to work. Talk with you tomorrow.
(Brant Point Lighthouse- Nantucket)

No comments: