Monday, March 31, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How was your weekend?
JOE: Productive. I held my second presentation yesterday on Writing for the Soul.
CALLIOPE: How was the turnout?
JOE: Not too many people showed up but I did have productive conversations with those who did. I got some publicity in two newspapers which was a good thing. However neither listing was specific about the details of my presentation. I had a better turnout for the first one which was more specific. At least I got my name in the paper with a reference to The Pastor's Inferno.
CALLIOPE: Can't argue about that. How are you doing with publicity?
JOE: I have been searching for all the information I can find, especially on Internet marketing, and am now starting to sort through it.
CALLIOPE: Anything particularly useful?
JOE: Yes. I found a series by Angela Hoy on Internet marketing on her newsletter, Writers Weekly at http://www.writersweekly.com/the_latest_from_angelahoycom/summary.html. I thought this was the same series her husband published a few years ago but just realized it was a new series. It looks quite specific and promising. I plan to work on her suggestions this week.
CALLIOPE: It sounds like you are starting to get focused.
JOE: I am. Sometimes the task seems daunting. Then I realize it is new territory for me and will take time to learn the lay of the land.
CALLIOPE: Keep at it.
JOE: I plan to. Talk with you tomorrow.

(Sunrise over Nantucket Sound- Oak Bluffs- Martha's Vineyard)

No comments: