Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good afternoon Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good afternoon Joe. What happened to your schedule?
JOE: I got as far as writing in my journal and then got waylaid by a variety of tasks. I won't bore you with them, but I just came up for air.
CALLIOPE: I'm glad you decided to share your air with me. Did you write yesterday?
JOE: Yes. I did a chapter about my couple discussing how they would try to prevent further conflicts, at least of the recent magnitude.
CALLIOPE: Sounds conciliatory. What about your plan of balancing marketing and writing?
JOE: I had some time to think about it but I don't have a definite plan yet.
CALLIOPE: As I recall your first step was to decide on you audience and what might interest them.
JOE: I thought of a number of target audiences including those struggling with relationships, those thinking about marriage, readers who wonder why people stay together and why they don't.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like a good start. What do you think these people are looking for? What would make them choose your novel about addressing marriage difficulties?
JOE: I guess I have to do some more research on that one.
CALLIOPE: Maybe some of your blog readers have some ideas about what would interest them. JOE: Good point. I'll keep my eyes open for replies.

(Wedding attendees)

No comments: