Saturday, March 15, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Quite well, thank you.
CALLIOPE: To what do you owe your good standing?
JOE: Last night I watched Eckhart Tolle interviewed by Oprah about his book The New Earth. I like what he had to say about being in the moment.
CALLIOPE: How does this differ from being anywhere else?
JOE: We tend to focus on the past and future and forget that all we really have is right now. If we can learn to stay there, we save ourselves quite a bit of trouble.
CALLIOPE: Sounds interesting. How do you think it applies to your writing?
JOE: The only time I write is in the present moment. Comparing what I write with what others or I did in the past or fretting about what will happen with my writing in the future is a waste of time. All that really matters is focusing on my writing as I do it without any evaluating it.
CALLIOPE: I think you are right. Speaking of which, how's Marital Property coming?
JOE: Yesterday seemed to disappear with many small things I was trying to catch up with. I did start on a chapter with Denis exploring what happened in his fight with Cynthia and trying to make sense of it.
CALLIOPE: Sounds reasonable. Will you be working on it today?
JOE: Yes. I plan to finish this chapter and then move on to Cynthia's reaction in the next chapter.
CALLIOPE: Good luck with it. Sometime you will have to post some of the book for my consideration as well as for that of your readers.
JOE: Good idea. I will look for a representative sample. See you on Monday.

(Gate- Tower of London)

No comments: