Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE:Good morning Joe. Where are we?
JOE: I thought we would start meeting at the Democrat and Chronicle.
CALLIOPE: Sounds interesting. Do you think your readers know what we're up to?
JOE: Probably not. I'll tell them. Calliope is my muse and we have been having an ongoing dialogue for several months about my writing, it's progress, pitfalls and inspirations. Mostly we talk about my new novel in the works, Marital Property. You are welcome to tag along and listen or to join in our dialogue if you wish. Welcome readers.
CALLIOPE: Thanks for introducing me. What are your plans for today?
JOE: As you know, I getting toward the end of Marital Property and am working on my couple's reaction to their recent fight after quite a bit of progress in their relationship. Today I plan to work on Cynthia's reaction and her discussion about the situation with her two sisters.
CALLIOPE: Sounds good. How did it go with Denis yesterday?
JOE: Good. He talked with his brother and best friend by phone and was able to look at himself a little more objectively. They still have work to do but are making progress.
CALLIOPE: Good. I hope the marriage makes it.
JOE: So do I. But it is at a critical stage right now. We shall see. Talk with you tomorrow.
(Plants waiting for Spring)

No comments: