Friday, March 28, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you this morning?
JOE: Six inches of snow was rather daunting, especially this time of year when I am about done with it.
CALLIOPE: Was there anything good about it?
JOE: As a matter of fact there was. On the way from Leroy to Batavia, I noticed many trees clothed in snow, providing a beautiful scene by the dawn's early light.
CALLIOPE: Interesting. Are you going to do any photography today?
JOE: I might. I could use some good winter scenes for painting.
CALLIOPE: That might be fun. How is your writing coming?
JOE: I had to take time out to post my Daily News column for tomorrow and send it to my community. I also had a chance to finish the chapter of Marital Property I was working on.
CALLIOPE: The one about the family meal?
JOE: Yes, that one. Next is a trip the family planned.
CALLIOPE: What made it possible to finish this chapter?
JOE: I stuck to my schedule yesterday. Knowing I would probably not have time to write in the afternoon, I did it as soon as I was finished with our conversation.
CALLIOPE: Do you plan to do it again today?
JOE: I do, but I have a little research to do about Nantucket, their destination. I had better get going on it. Talk with you tomorrow.

(Tom Sawyer- Sculpture Garden- Nantucket)

No comments: