Saturday, March 22, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE:Good afternoon Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good afternoon Joe. I was not sure I would hear from you today.
JOE: I stayed out of town last night and went shopping this morning with Carol for so new living room decorations.
CALLIOPE: Feeling creative, are we?
JOE: I was just the helper today.
CALLIOPE: How did you plan work out yesterday?
JOE: It was a good idea. I wrote right after I finished our conversation and did not have time to be distracted by anything else. I think I will try to stick to that plan.
CALLIOPE: But it's hard when you're not here.
JOE: I can't argue with that. I just stopped by briefly to say hello and will be gone the rest of the weekend. I think I will take a break from writing until Monday and just work on some reading.
CALLIOPE: Did you run out of words?
JOE: No but sometimes it's good to see what others are saying and how they say it. I think of it as priming the pump.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like a good idea. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
JOE: I will. Back to the grind on Monday.

(Just some trees- What would Joyce Kilmer think?)

No comments: