Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. I'm almost afraid to ask about Marital Property.
JOE: Have more faith. I wrote the chapter, although I know I have promised to do it in the past.
CALLIOPE: Whew! It's about time. How did it go.
JOE: Actually it was quite easy. They had a blowup at the dinner table after nice pre-dinner conversations with the kids. The sailboat purchase seems to be just the right crisis for my couple.
CALLIOPE: Was it as hard as you thought it would be?
JOE: I'm not sure I thought it would be hard. It was just that it was a critical scene and I wanted to get it right. But no, it was not hard to write, any more than any other scene. But it might have been easier due to all the thought I gave it.
CALLIOPE: In any case it's on the table. Now what?
JOE: Now they have to figure out how to deal with it. I imagine they will fall into their old blaming patterns at least for a while but hopefully they will come to their senses and deal with it.
CALLIOPE: You don't know what will happen?
JOE: How could I? It's their story. I'm just writing it.
CALLIOPE: I will be interested to see how it turns out.
JOE: So will I.
CALLIOPE: What about marketing?
JOE: It's a bit slow going. I am gradually discovering some resources. I guess I hoped there would be an easy, quick approach, but I am finding out it is just hard work despite various promises I have seen. Well, back to work.
(Gibraltar Siege Tunnel)

No comments: