Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: I started with a surprise. I saw a response to a posting here and tried to open it. Instead I got a message that I should scan my computer for malware. I realized there must be something evil associated with the message and deleted it. I haven't had that happen before but I was glad to be alerted.
CALLIOPE: Nasty surprise. Glad you caught it. What are you up to?
JOE: Working on networking. I saw news about interactive possibilities at the Democrat and Chronicle but was unable to sign up for some reason. I will try again today. Most people do not like the new setup but it does seem to have possibilities. Maybe it is just new.
CALLIOPE: Maybe. Did you finish the chapter of Marital Property you were working on?
JOE: I did. Things seem fairly resolved, at least for the moment. Now I think there might be some loose ends to tie up, such as the children, people the couple have talked with about their difficulties and resolution of the initial problem which started their crisis. I think this is related to current news.
CALLIOPE: How so?
JOE: Governor Spitzer was plastered across the front page of the paper this morning due to his indiscretion with a prostitute. It raised the question of why someone would risk his reputation and livelihood for sexual favors. If you recall the crisis for my couple started with a sexual indiscretion of the husband.
CALLIOPE: I do recall. Where do you plan to go with this?
JOE: I'm not sure. Perhaps it merits a column. I will think about it and discuss it with you further tomorrow.
CALLIOPE: Sounds good to me. I will be interested to see what you come up with.
JOE: So will I. Time to get to work.

(Frieze figure- Santianna, Spain)

No comments: