Thursday, March 20, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Fine. I had a very busy day running around yesterday but today is a little less busy and I at least have the morning free.
CALLIOPE: Were you able to do any writing yesterday?
JOE: As a matter of fact I was. I had planned to write a chapter in Marital Property about my couple's next counseling session. But lately I have been nagged by the thought that I didn't handle a previous chapter correctly. Was that your doing?
CALLIOPE: Well... Why don't you tell me about it.
JOE: After my couple's argument, I listened to them talking it over and coming to some resolution. Still I felt unresolved. Later I realized that they could have used a technique called Vesuvius to resolve their difficulty.
CALLIOPE: Interesting. How did it come about?
JOE: Denis went to the bedroom and suggested Vesuvius. When she agreed, he talked about his side of the argument while she listened. He then left for a while. When he came back she talked and he listened. This felt like a much better way to approach it than a normal conversation under the circumstances.
CALLIOPE: Glad to be of assistance.
JOE: I guess I don't always realize when you sneak up on me and subtly suggest a better way. Thanks for your help.

(Tower Bridge beyond the Tower of London)

No comments: