Saturday, March 29, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Quite busy. My mind is swimming.
CALLIOPE: What's on your plate?
JOE: I have a presentation tomorrow at 1:00 PM at the Lift Bridge Book Shop in Brockport. I have done the presentation before but want to review it and make sure everything is ready to go.
CALLIOPE: What's it about?
JOE: I will be discussing the various types of writing I do and using examples of my work for people interested in writing. It is part public relations and partly for publicity.
CALLIOPE: What else is going on?
JOE: I received my first professional review of The Pastor's Inferno. I will post it on my website. The problem is that I can't access my e-mail or website for some reason. I am trying to reach my Internet service provider to see what the problem is.
CALLIOPE: Anything else?
JOE: Yes. I have come to the realization that I have been presenting The Pastor's Inferno as a novel about sexual abuse with I think might be turning people off. It is really about the search for redemption and I think I need to stress this more in my publicity.
CALLIOPE: Good thought.
JOE: I better get going before I run out of time to do everything. See you on Monday.

(Last gasp of winter in Batavia)

No comments: