Monday, November 24, 2008

Conversations with Calliope- Dialogue with My Muse

(Geese preparing for migration)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How was your weekend?
JOE: Busy but productive.
CALLIOPE: Tell me more?
JOE: I was gone most of yesterday. Saturday night I received an online proof of Navigating Life. I did a little editing and returned it as a final copy for publication.
CALLIOPE: Is your book ready for printing?
JOE: Almost. There are a few details to settle such as the price, advertising copy for Amazon, etc.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like you're getting close. Did you have time to do anything else?
JOE: Yesterday morning before I left for my travels, I composed a marketing brochure for Navigating Life. The brochure is getting good reviews from the few people to whom I showed it.
CALLIOPE: Do you think it will help with sales?
JOE: Yes. I have already sold some copies even before the book is printed.
CALLIOPE: To what do you attribute this?
JOE: The title, cover art, spiritual theme and my reputation based on selections from the book which I previously published.
CALLIOPE: Great. What's next?
JOE: I plan to start developing other promotional materials such as a sample chapter on my web site, print and video materials for MySpace, YouTube and other sites. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: