Friday, November 14, 2008

Conversations with Calliope- Dialogue with My Muse

(Incan road- Cozumel)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Doing well. I worked on reviewing Navigating Life yesterday a little at a time and should have it finished in a few days.
CALLIOPE: How is it coming?
JOE: Pretty good. I realized I had forgotten to include a story I wrote about discovering you and added it yesterday.
CALLIOPE: Thank you. Any discoveries?
JOE: I don't know about discoveries. I stopped to think about my writing in the middle of my revision and realized a few things.
CALLIOPE: Such as?
JOE: I came to see how repetitious I am at times and how I add tentative qualifiers to most of my statements. I am working on being more definite.
CALLIOPE: What do you suppose that is about?
JOE: I think I don't want to offend or stir up any of my readers.
CALLIOPE: Is that such a bad thing?
JOE: No. That's why I write in the first place. I'm not sure what I have been afraid of. If readers challenge what I say, at least I got them thinking.
CALLIOPE: Good point.
JOE: Thanks. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: