Monday, November 10, 2008

Conversations with Calliope- Dialogue with My Muse

(Oatka Creek through the reeds)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How was your weekend?
JOE: Very productive thank you.
CALLIOPE: What did you accomplish?
JOE: In addition to raking leaves, I finished most of the draft of Navigating Life.
CALLIOPE: What did you do specifically.
JOE: I started with the list of articles I wanted to include. Then I organized them into themes. I found quotes for all the articles and also added "life lab lessons" to the articles which didn't have them. I also generated a table of contents.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like you made quite a bit of progress. What's left to do?
JOE: This week I plan to start with introductions to the chapters and to the book as a whole. I also want to review the chapter and topic headings to make sure they are both catchy and informative. I would also like to add suggested readings and possibly an index although I'm not decided on that.
CALLIOPE: Sounds ambitions. You plan to do all this in a week.
JOE: Yes. Then there is the proofreading. I would like to have someone do it quickly and thoroughly. Carol has already reviewed the articles but is willing to review the introductions as well. I am still considering another reader, but haven't decided on this.
CALLIOPE: It's probably a good idea.
JOE: I agree. However I would like to get the book in print by the beginning of December if possible.
CALLIOPE: You will have to decide between thoroughness and expediency.
JOE: You're right. Always a tough choice for me. Talk with you tomorrow

No comments: