Monday, November 03, 2008

Conversations with Calliope- Dialogue with My Muse

(New Orleans Cemetery)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How was your weekend?
JOE: Different. I didn't do any running around yesterday although it did occur to me.
CALLIOPE: How did you spend your day?
JOE: I stayed home and worked on my writing instead.
CALLIOPE: What did you accomplish.
JOE: I wrote my next column called Loving in the Shadow of Cancer.
CALLIOPE: Prompted by your visit on Friday?
JOE: Yes. It had quite an impact on me. I realized we have more choice of how we handle life's challenges. We don't always get to choose what challenges we have to face but we do have a choice of how we react.
CALLIOPE: Is that a revelation to you?
JOE: Not really. But when I see love in action even given extreme circumstances, it is a good reminder of life's possibilities.
CALLIOPE: I'm looking forward to reading it on Saturday. Did you accomplish anything else?
JOE: I worked on my second commonsense wisdom book. I discovered that "quotes" would probably be a useful keyword for me in marketing the book. I decided to start each passage with a relevant quote and even added one to my next column.
CALLIOPE: Is this a new idea for you?
JOE: No. I had planned to start each chapter of The Pastor's Inferno with a quote from Dante's Inferno. Then I ran into copyright difficulty. I did not realize I could use a public domain version of the Inferno until I had already submitted the manuscript for publication. Oh, well. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: