Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Conversations with Calliope- Dialogue with My Muse

(Fishing boat- Dunkirk harbor)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Good. I felt like I accomplished quite a bit yesterday.
CALLIOPE: Details please.
JOE: I have all my selections in the right place and have the headings correctly formatted according to the table of contents I generated. I also wrote introductions to the book as a whole and to each section.
CALLIOPE: Good progress. What's next?
JOE: Proofing. I will read the whole manuscript out loud as I have done successfully in the past.
CALLIOPE: What about outside readers?
JOE: That's under consideration. I don't feel I can pay anyone for a professional reading right now as I would like to.
CALLIOPE: Who read for you in the past?
JOE: Carol and Gerry, both excellent at the job.
CALLIOPE: So what about them?
JOE: They are both familiar with most of the material in Navigating Life. I was interested in a fresh look.
CALLIOPE: Don't you have others you could ask?
JOE: I do. But I think they are all quite busy right now. I am afraid it might be an imposition, especially since I want to get the book in print for Christmas. I'll have to think about this further. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: