Saturday, November 08, 2008

Conversations with Calliope- Dialogue with My Muse

(Geese resting on Oatka Creek)
JOE; Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Just barely. I missed you yesterday.
JOE: It's nice to be missed. I got quite excited about the prospect of finishing my new book in time for Christmas and spent most of yesterday working on it.
CALLIOPE: You must be excited. Did you come up with a title?
JOE: The tentative title is Navigating Life: Reflections for the Voyage.
CALLIOPE: I like it. Tell me more.
JOE: It is a collection of columns I have written over the past few years. I found over a hundred I would like to include.
CALLIOPE: How will you organize them?
JOE: A fair question. I have sixteen categories and have grouped them according to them.
CALLIOPE: Will they all have the same format?
JOE: For the most part. They generally start with a relevant quotation and end with Life Lab Lessons.
CALLIOPE: Which are?
JOE: Practical suggestions for what to do about the reflection I have just offered.
CALLIOPE: Where did you get that idea?
JOE: I'm not sure. I think it occurred to me at one point that life reflections are not much practical use unless you do something about them. I offer some ideas. Talk with you on Monday.

No comments: