Thursday, November 20, 2008

Conversations with Calliope- Dialogue with My Muse

(Old San Juan- Puerto Rico)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. I missed you yesterday.
JOE: Sorry I didn't make it. I had an early breakfast with my daughter.
CALLIOPE: All day?
JOE: Well, no. When I got back I decided to work on finishing Navigating Life before we talked.
CALLIOPE: And?
JOE: I worked until late at night and never did finish.
CALLIOPE: How far did you get?
JOE: The cover is ready. No small feat. I used a template from my last book.
CALLIOPE: And the text?
JOE: I have it in a form I would like. But I still have one little problem.
CALLIOPE: Which is?
JOE: I can't seem to get the pagination and index to work together. I seem to have a choice of one or the other but not both.
CALLIOPE: What do you plan to do about that?
JOE: I'm not sure. I have been working on it for quite a while but no success yet. I have a book and a CD on Office 2003 which includes my version of Word. I plan to research this and see if I can solve the problem. Otherwise the book is ready to go. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: