Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Conversations with Calliope- Dialogue with My Muse

(Hanging moss- New Orleans)

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Mixed. I am making progress on my writing. I have listed all the columns available for my next book, categorized them and started finding quotes to fit them. There is still quite a bit of work to do. I would like to have it ready for Christmas but it doesn't seem likely.
CALLIOPE: All you can do is your best. What's not going so well.
JOE: Technology. My printer was acting up and refused to print decently in black and white or color. After much ado, I discovered the print head was quite gummed up. Fortunately I had an extra one and installed it.
CALLIOPE: And?
JOE: Now it's as good as new.
CALLIOPE: Everything else going okay?
JOE: I have struggled with my latest column on Loving in the Shadow of Cancer.
CALLIOPE: What's the problem?
JOE: It is not just a general topic. I have had to wrestle with it in my relationship and have seen several people I know die of it. I think it's harder to write a column about something personal.
CALLIOPE: Did you complete it?
JOE: Yes. Carol read and reread it and showed me where it was lacking.
CALLIOPE: And now?
JOE: I think it is fixed and ready for publication as well as to mail to Kat and Paula. Talk with you tomorrow.

No comments: