Friday, May 30, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Doing well. Despite a rather busy day, I did make considerable headway with editing Marital Property.
CALLIOPE: How much headway?
JOE: I am within striking distance of the end and plan to finish it this morning.
CALLIOPE: Good. What's the next step?
JOE: I have two readers ready to go to work.
CALLIOPE: Professional editors?
JOE: No. But both tend to be quite attentive to detail and in the past have pointed out difficulties which eluded me.
CALLIOPE: How did the difficulties get past you?
JOE: When I am deeply involved in a manuscript, I sometimes overlook problems or typos which I think I would notice in someone else's manuscript.
CALLIOPE: Have you had any experience editing others' work, particularly fiction?
JOE: Yes. I joined a group called Critique Circle in which we read and comment on each other's fiction. I have found it helpful in approaching my own writing more critically.
CALLIOPE: It sounds like you are on the right track.
JOE: I think so. Later today I will return to my marketing efforts. But more about that tomorrow.
(Sand Wash- Batavia, NY)

No comments: