Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Better.
CALLIOPE: On what account?
JOE: I solved my webcam problem.
CALLIOPE: How?
JOE: After considerable gymnastics (mental, physical and electronic), I reached the conclusion that my first webcam was a dud, or at least not about to cooperate with the machinations of my computer. Back it went, and then I tracked down another which worked fine from the outset.
CALLIOPE: Glad to hear it. Is your mind at rest?
JOE: At least it's relieved. I still have much to learn about webcam workings but at least the immediate crisis is past. However I wasted time I could have used on my writing.
CALLIOPE: Did you get anything done along that line?
JOE: I did some work on editing Marital Property and also critiqued a story on Critique Circle.
CALLIOPE: What about creative writing?
JOE: Critiquing stories reminded me that I haven't written anything original for a while with all my efforts going to editing and marketing. I have been working in a story idea.
CALLIOPE: Care to share?
JOE: I met a woman in Martha's Vineyard several years ago, best described as a character. Such denizens are in no short supply on the Vineyard. I thought it might be interesting to write a story about her, or at least about what I imagine her life to be about. I plan to start working on it this afternoon.
CALLIOPE: I am looking forward to it.
JOE: I will most likely post it in one or two of my writing groups and will let you know when it's ready. Off to work. Talk with you tomorrow.
(Vineyard Haven Bay- Martha's Vineyard, MA)

No comments: