Thursday, May 29, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Well, thank you.
CALLIOPE: Tell me about your interview.
JOE: Kristin from the Daily News arrived to interview me about The Pastor's Inferno. I felt prepared based on publicity I have been working on lately, particularly the live interview with Phil Davis.
CALLIOPE: What did she ask?
JOE: She was interested in the development of me writing, why I wrote the books I did, particularly The Pastor's Inferno.
CALLIOPE: What else?
JOE: She wanted to know about my perceptions of readers' reactions so far. I told her about some people seeing the book as an attack on priests.
CALLIOPE: It isn't, is it?
JOE: Of course not. The point of it is that we all make mistakes, some of them drastic. No matter what we do there is a path to redemption if we are willing to look for it and follow it no matter where it takes us.
CALLIOPE: Do you think you were able to clarify this with her?
JOE: I do. I guess the only thing to do now is to wait to see her article.
CALLIOPE: What's new on other fronts?
JOE: I put marketing on the back burner this week to work on completing the edit of Marital Property. I have it over half finished, but still have quite a bit of work to do. I hope to have it completed this week. Talk with you tomorrow.
(Sand Wash- Batavia, NY)

No comments: