Saturday, May 24, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. I didn't expect to hear from you today.
JOE: Surprise. I told you I might stop by.
CALLIOPE: Tell me about last night.
JOE: I attended a rehearsal dinner for Megan, Carol's niece.
CALLIOPE: And how was it?
JOE: Very nice. It took me a while to feel social. I spend so much time alone writing and talking with you that I sometimes feel awkward in public.
CALLIOPE: Not good. What do you plan to do about it?
JOE: I think I need to stay more connected with people. When I don't get out, I still have several writers' communities where I can keep in touch with people.
CALLIOPE: Do you plan to be more active there.
JOE: I do. I had been meaning to be more active anyway but have been juggling quite a bit. I hope to finish editing Marital Property sometime this week which should give me more time.
CALLIOPE: Hopefully so. What about the wedding today?
JOE: I will be with many of the same people who attended the rehearsal dinner. I will make an effort to be more social. Then back to work. I'll talk with you on Tuesday.
(Sandwash- Batavia, NY)

No comments: