Friday, May 16, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you this morning?
JOE: Excited.
CALLIOPE: That's a nice change. To what do we owe the honor?
JOE: To my intention of creating a video podcast. I finally found the wire for my Canon camera but could not get the camera and computer to communicate for some reason. I decided to try using the webcam with Windows Movie Maker and found the whole process relatively painless.
CALLIOPE: How far did you get with the process?
JOE: I recorded and posted the podcast about Commonsense Wisdom for Everyday Life on MySpace and YouTube.
CALLIOPE: With no difficulty?
JOE: None. The whole process went swimmingly as the British would say.
CALLIOPE: I'll have to take a look at it. Is it professional quality?
JOE: Well, no. Just a conversation with me and a brief reading. Quite informal. But I don't think my approach needs to be slick. I tire of slick ads on TV and find them annoying in their competition to outdo each other.
CALLIOPE: Agreed. How is your editing of Marital Property coming along?
JOE: Quite well thank you. I can smell the end of my initial edit and inch up on it every day. I make a conscious effort no to minimize the use of the verb "to be" in all its forms. I find it quite a challenge sometimes but I think my work sparkles more without it.
CALLIOPE: What about your story?
JOE: Haven't started it yet. Editing keeps my attention. This weekend might be the time. Talk with you tomorrow.
(Nantucket Bay Sunrise- Martha's Vineyard)

No comments: