Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Conversations with Calliope

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Quite excited.
CALLIOPE: Tell me about it.
JOE: I think I am starting to become established. On Monday, John Kremer posted a blog on my ten reasons pro and con for buying my book. On Friday I will be recording a podcast with Phil Davis on my writing and marketing efforts.
CALLIOPE:How did those come about?
JOE: Through my efforts in contacting both men. I have discovered that sitting back and waiting for the world to come to me doesn't work.
CALLIOPE: Have you been making other efforts as well?
JOE: Yes. I am starting to receive comments on our conversations after posting them for quite a while. We do seem to be developing a following. I hope it doesn't go to your head.
CALLIOPE: Don't worry. I've been around long enough to take it in stride. How's the editing coming.
JOE: Fitting it in is often a struggle. Today I have a column to write with everything else on my plate. I do have a new plan though.
CALLIOPE: What is it?
JOE: Glad you asked. I will start printing at least a couple of chapters to review at Carol's in the evenings. She is against having a computer in her house, so I have been limited to daytime writing so far. I might also ask her about keeping my backup computer at her house without an Internet connection. Frankly, I see some benefit in getting away from the worldwide brain sometimes myself.
CALLIOPE: Let me know how it goes. Good luck with the column.
JOE: Thanks, I'll tell you about it tomorrow.
(Printer and hat)

No comments: