Monday, May 12, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today.
JOE: A little frustrated.
CALLIOPE: How so?
JOE: After my podcast interview with Phil Davis on Friday, I thought I was about ready to work on video podcasts for my writing and my books.
CALLIOPE: And?
JOE: I found a video camera but was unable to install the software for it.
CALLIOPE: What happened?
JOE: My computer refused to acknowledge that there was any information on the installation CD or that I even had it in the drive.
CALLIOPE: And then?
JOE: I tried installing it manually through a roundabout process which seemed to work but when I tried to use the camera, it was not recognized.
CALLIOPE: So what do you think the problem is?
JOE: I think the drivers may not be installed.
CALLIOPE: It's a little beyond me.
JOE: Me too. I am beginning to think this might not be the right camera for me. I might try another one. Maybe it would be good to give this a rest and work on my writing.
CALLIOPE: Did you do that over the weekend?
JOE: Yes. I copied some chapters and edited them yesterday. It seems to be going much better editing on paper than on the screen. I don't know why, but I'll accept it. Back to work. Talk with you tomorrow.
(Taughannock Falls- Ulysses, NY)

No comments: