Friday, May 09, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. I didn't expect you so early.
JOE: Surprise. I was planning to record my podcast with Phil Davis for Authors on the Net at eight A.M. It turns out that I will indeed be doing it at eight mountain time which is still two hours from now. I guess I am just too used to my little insular world and need to practice thinking globally.
CALLIOPE: Well, it's nice to talk with you anyway. Are you ready for the podcast?
JOE: Almost. I prepared some general comments on my writing background. We will also talk about my first and last books from which I have some selections ready to read. We will also discuss my marketing efforts.
CALLIOPE: So all that is prepared?
JOE: Just about. I have notes on my marketing plan but want to type them out so I don't have to struggle reading it during the interview.
CALLIOPE: Sounds like you've thought of just about everything.
JOE: I hope so. I would like it to sound spontaneous, so I guess it's not good to be overly prepared.
CALLIOPE: Have you done this kind of thing before?
JOE: I tried it once several years ago with a telephone interview. However the quality was quite "tinny" and not something I thought of sufficient quality to disseminate.
CALLIOPE: You don't want to sound amateur.
JOE: No I don't. As you know I have been considering video podcasts for my writing in general and for each of my books. I thought it would help to get this interview under my belt first. It might give me some ideas about the videos.
CALLIOPE: That makes sense.
JOE: I wanted to let you know I printed several chapters of Marital Property to work on at Carol's last night. I think I did a more thorough editing job on the written text rather than on the screen. I will continue this approach to see how I like it. Talk with you tomorrow.
Butterfly Museum- Niagara Falls, Ontario)

No comments: