Monday, May 19, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. Did you sleep in this morning?
JOE: Actually, no. I've been hard at work for a couple hours.
CALLIOPE: Really? Doing what?
JOE: My brain started working before I climbed out of bed, planning my Vineyard story.
CALLIOPE: You haven't started writing it yet?
JOE: No. Finishing my first edit of Marital Property gobbled up my time yesterday.
CALLIOPE: So you finally finished it?
JOE: Yes, I did and am ready to go onto the next stage.
CALLIOPE: Which is?
JOE: Reading it out loud to see how it sounds. I have tried this as an editing technique before and found it quite useful.
CALLIOPE: I agree. What else did you do early this morning?
JOE: Phil Davis sent a great audio recording form our recent podcast interview. Now I have to figure out what to do with it. No readily apparent way to upload an audio file to MySpace, YouTube or my website presented itself to my feeble mind. I guess that will be a major undertaking as well unless someone suggests an easy way. The best way I could see was to convert it into a video file and upload it as I did my first podcast. Maybe there is an easier way, but I haven't discovered it yet.
CALLIOPE: Isn't technology wonderful?
JOE: Once I figure it out everything seems to make sense. In the mean time, I just plod along. Talk with you tomorrow.
(Rocky Mountains- Colorado)

No comments: