Thursday, May 22, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Good. My main goal was to finish writing my column for Saturday and I accomplished that.
CALLIOPE: What is it about?
JOE: The title is Hear What You Want to Hear and Disregard the Rest.
CALLIOPE: Shades of Simon and Garfunkel. Tell me more.
JOE: I wrote about selective listening and how people often listen to what they agree with or are ready to dispute, ignoring everything in between and creating misunderstandings.
CALLIOPE: Sounds interesting. Will it be available Saturday as usual?
JOE: Yes. On my Commonsense Wisdom website.
CALLIOPE: What else did you do yesterday?
JOE: Worked on familiarizing myself with my new camera. I feel like I am running short on stock photos. I also continued editing Marital Property and gave Carol some initial chapters to read.
CALLIOPE: You're making progress.
JOE: I am, but sometimes I feel overwhelmed with all I have chosen to do.
CALLIOPE: I'm glad you realized you have chosen your tasks. Some people feel like they just have things dumped on them.
JOE: I know it is my choice and that I can work as hard and as fast as I want. I just need to keep my priorities straight. I think I might do better to finish the editing and then be free to concentrate on other tasks. On to editing. Talk with you tomorrow.
(Sunset- Dunkirk, NY)

No comments: