Friday, May 23, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good afternoon Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good afternoon Joe. I was beginning to worry that you might not show up today.
JOE: I told you I would be here I have been staying flexible. This morning Carol and I prepared Strata, a fine dish for Mike and Joe who are in from New York for a wedding. Then we visited a friend and stopped by the house sale for Aunt Lucille's possessions.
CALLIOPE: Did you need anything?
JOE: No. I'm planning a column called Remains of a Life and wanted to have a fresh image of the sale for my writing.
CALLIOPE: That sounds interesting. Shall I expect it in a couple weeks?
JOE: I would say so unless something more urgent arises.
CALLIOPE: And today?
JOE: I plan to work on editing Marital Property a while this afternoon. I think I told you sometimes I think I am juggling too much to stay organized and effective.
CALLIOPE: You did.
JOE: It finally dawned on me that I might be better off finishing some of the projects on my plate before moving on to others rather than being left with stale leftovers.
CALLIOPE: Interesting way to put it. Do you plan to finish Marital Property first?
JOE: I do. I think I can finish it by the end of next week and get it off to my readers for final edits. Then I can focus more on my marketing efforts.
CALLIOPE: I applaud your priorities.
JOE: I'm not sure my current set of priorities is better than anything else I might have devised. But at least I have them and should be able to stay with a plan and not keep tripping over myself.
CALLIOPE: I guess we shall see.
JOE: Indeed we shall. With everything going on, I might not be able to talk with you for a few days. I'll be back on line Tuesday if not before. Aloha.
(Alleghany River)

No comments: