Saturday, May 10, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How did the podcast recording go yesterday?
JOE: I was quite pleased with it. Fortunately I took the time to be prepared and had everything I needed at my fingertips.
CALLIOPE: Any problems?
JOE: No. The only one I anticipated was my tendency to say "uh" quite a bit when I'm thinking. I made a big sign and placed it in front of me during the interview as a reminder. I did well for the most part.
CALLIOPE: What did you cover?
JOE: It was comprehensive. First, we talked about my development as a writer. I talked about two of my books, Commonsense Wisdom for Everyday Life and The Pastor's Inferno and read a passage from the first one. Then we talked about my marketing.
CALLIOPE: Any surprises?
JOE: Only that I had made quite a bit of progress with marketing, more than I had realized.
CALLIOPE: Is the column published?
JOE: Yes. Time to Give Words a Rest is ready for your consideration in the usual place, www.commonsense-wisdom.com.
CALLIOPE: And the editing of Marital Property?
JOE: I tried printing some chapters and editing them on paper. I found myself being much more critical and detailed editing on paper that I was on the screen. I think I will continue that practice.
CALLIOPE: What's up for today?
JOE: I have to mail out a signed copy of one of my books. I signed up for Skype, an online video and audio service. I will spend some time today figuring out how it works. See you on Monday.
(Rainbow- St. Maarten)

No comments: