Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning, Joe. Ready for a new year?
JOE: I believe I am.
CALLIOPE: What did you do yesterday?
JOE: Not much of anything. I remember reading about crop rotation and that sometimes a field is left fallow for a growing season to restore itself.
CALLIOPE: You're not going into hibernation for several months?
JOE: No. Just for yesterday. I thought I would let my mind rest and not tax it.
CALLIOPE: I guess I can live with that. What are your plans for today?
JOE: First I have a column to write about context for my life.
CALLIOPE: Where did that come from?
JOE: A talk by Steve D'Annunzio on Sunday. The more I thought about it, the more it made sense. If I have a sense of where I am headed and why I am doing what I am doing, I will be much more focused. I guess you could say I just spent yesterday thinking about this and today I will write a column about it.
CALLIOPE: Sounds good. Anything else planned?
JOE: I finished another chapter of Marital Property after we chatted on Monday. I plan to finish another today about my two main characters in a counseling session.
CALLIOPE: Do you expect fireworks?
JOE: I don't expect them, but you never know. I guess I had better get on with it and see.
(Butterfly Museum- Niagara Falls, Ont.)

No comments: