Monday, January 14, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning, Joe. I missed you on Saturday.
JOE: I missed visiting too. I immediately got engaged in working on my cover for The Pastor's Inferno and spent the rest of my time available on it. In the afternoon I was at a pre-cruse party and on Sunday I visited Carol's Aunt Lucille in a nursing home in Buffalo.
CALLIOPE: How's Aunt Lucille doing?
JOE: She has been doing pretty well for being 86 and having congestive heart failure requiring a CPAP machine for breathing. Yesterday she was quite unstable and was found to have pneumonia on top of everything else and was trasferred to Sisters Hospital.
CALLIOPE: Doesn't sound good.
JOE: It doesn't. But she has bounced back many times when it looked like she wouldn't. It's hard to tell, but we are all waiting.
CALLIOPE: Keep me posted. How about the publishing.
JOE: I am learning the printer's requirements a little at a time. I finally got a good copy of my cover composed in Pagemaker and transferred to PDF. Now I will have to see if it is finally ready for production. I am hoping to head in that direction soon. I also had to fill out a questionnaire with Ingram categories for listing and a 40 word description for them. I feel production is not far off.
CALLIOPE: How do you feel about it.
JOE: Thrilled. It's about time I got to this point. I have been working on some ideas about publicity and marketing and will share them with you when they are more developed.
CALLIOPE: What about Marital Property.
JOE: Unless some crisis develops with The Pastor's Inferno, I plan to get back to Marital Property this afternoon. At least I don't have anything scheduled.
CALLIOPE: It will be good to get back to actual writing.
JOE: I'll say. I am much more comfortable writing than with wrestling with publishing programs. Well, off to work.

No comments: