Thursday, January 31, 2008

Conversations with Calliope

JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. I've been waiting for you.
JOE: I don't always start at the crack of dawn. I have been up but my back is bothering me. I think I overdid my exercise or did something wrong.
CALLIOPE: Sorry to hear it. Hope it mends soon. What did you accomplish yesterday?
JOE: I sent out some more announcements as well as a news release to my local paper.
CALLIOPE: Any writing?
JOE: I was afraid I might not get to it, but I did manage to write another chapter of Marital Property.
CALLIOPE: What about?
JOE: This was a counseling session where my couple discusses their progress.
CALLIOPE: Are they making any?
JOE: As a matter of fact they are. They are starting to pay more attention to each other.
CALLIOPE: Any stumbling blocks?
JOE: I don't know if it is exactly a stumbling block, but their sex life is not what they would like it to be. It came up in the session and they were given some more assignments to spark things up a bit in the bedroom.
CALLIOPE: That sounds like an interesting sort of homework.
JOE: It is, but it can also be a bit scary to reveal parts of yourself you have been keeping secret.
CALLIOPE: Do you mean body parts?
JOE: No, I mean emotional parts. I guess I better see how they are doing.

No comments: