Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning, Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Good. I think I am making progress with my publication of The Pastor's Inferno.
CALLIOPE: What's happening there?
JOE: I received word that my text has been received. There were a few minor formatting errors which I think have been corrected. I am waiting to hear about that as well as getting a template for my cover.
CALLIOPE: Sounds exciting?
JOE: It is. In my haste, I deleted the references to Dante's Inferno. Then I received information from people in a publishing forum about how to find material not requiring permission due to being published a long time ago.
CALLIOPE: Now what?
JOE: Nothing. I received mixed reviews from my readers on including the quotes in the first place and have decided to leave them out.
CALLIOPE: Sounds settled. What's up for today?
JOE: I am having lunch with my daughter for my birthday which was a couple days ago. I also have a writers' meeting tonight. This morning I will get to work on Internet marketing for The Pastor's Inferno. I plan to work in a chapter of Marital Property this afternoon. I have been a bit sidetracked with publishing concerns.
CALLIOPE: It seems you are trying to do a lot at once.
JOE: True, I suppose I could have waited until The Pastor's Inferno was in print before starting work on Marital Property. However I have produced 175 pages of Marital Property which would not be written if I had waited.
CALLIOPE: Do you find the juggling a problem?
JOE: Not usually. Sometimes it takes me a bit to reorient myself, but I think I tend to thrive on having several projects in the works at once.
CALLIOPE: But only writing one at a time?
JOE: Correct. I don't think I could concentrate on writing two books at once. At least one would suffer. Well, back to work.

(Barbary apes grooming- Gibralter)

No comments: