Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. What's new today?
JOE: I'm still savoring yesterday.
CALLIOPE: What happened?
JOE: I had a nice conversation with my brother in Hawaii. It's hard to find him due to the time differences.
CALLIOPE: I'm glad you finally caught up with him. What's happening on the literary front?
JOE: I developed quite a list of resources for reviews and publicity. Now all I have to do is track them down. I have found that some are available at various libraries within driving distance.
CALLIOPE: How about writing?
JOE: I finished another chapter of Marital Property about things my couple would like each other to do for them.
CALLIOPE: For example?
JOE: I thought you knew everything that came into my head.
CALLIOPE: Not quite? I know what I send your way for consideration. I don't know what inspirations you choose to follow.
JOE: Oh. I'll give you one example from each spouse. Cynthia wanted Dennis to tell her which of her paintings he liked best. Dennis wanted Cynthia to draw a beach scene for him.
CALLIOPE: Sounds rather tame.
JOE: Baby steps usually are. They are trying to reconnect and are not really sure what each other are willing to do. I think that is why they are starting with very small requests. Besides, that is what their counseling homework consisted of.
CALLIOPE: An what about today?
JOE: I plan to follow up on some of the leads I found this morning and this afternoon will write about my couple discussing their lists of what they would like from each other. Time to get started.

No comments: