Monday, January 28, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. What news?
JOE: Excellent news. I received the bound galley of The Pastor's Inferno on Saturday.
CALLIOPE: How did it look?
JOE: Excellent. I couldn't find any problems. Even the cover surpassed my expectations and came out perfectly.
CALLIOPE: Congratulations. Now what?
JOE: I have already been busy finalizing arrangements for it to be listed on the BookLocker Website. It is also be listed at Ingram for distribution.
CALLIOPE: What did you have to do to finalize it?
JOE: I had to list basic information such as would be included in a News Release. It wasn't hard to find the information to include. But I was so excited I kept making typos. I finally got a clean copy and sent it off.
CALLIOPE: When will it be available for sale?
JOE: I think in a matter of a few days. I will post an announcement here instead of our usual conversation when the book is ready for sale.
CALLIOPE: I can't wait. Did you get a chance to do any writing over the weekend?
JOE: I must admit I spent most of it on marketing, specifically spiffing up my websites. However I did write the bedroom scene I was talking about last week for Marital Property.
CALLIOPE: How did it turn out?
JOE: I was pleased with it, but must admit that my attention was mostly focused on getting The Pastor's Inferno into circulation.
CALLIOPE: What's on the docket for today?
JOE: I have some more work to do on the web site and on preparing for sales. I will try to work in a chapter of Marital Property this afternoon. See you tomorrow.
(My Uncle Dick's Diamond Jubilee of his priesthood)

No comments: