Thursday, January 10, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning, Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning, Joe. Missed you yesterday.
JOE: I'm glad you noticed. I was quite busy with two evaluations, one in Williamsville, as well as finalizing my book cover.
CALLIOPE: Great progress. What else is going on?
JOE: A surprise in the medical department. I don't think I told you that I went to my recorder group on Sunday. I have been unable to play recorder for the past six years due to my rheumatoid arthritis. I have been doing percussion. On Sunday, while driving over, I noticed that my hands felt particularly loose and ended up playing for three hours straight.
CALLIOPE: To what do you attribute this remarkable turnaround?
JOE: I'm not sure. I know there are flareups but I have not had this level of flexibility since I started having difficulty. Not even Enbrel helped, at least with flexibility. I started taking red yeast rice for cholesterol a couple weeks ago. I don't know if it is just a coincidence, but I am dramatically improved. I am also much more flexible typing and can work much faster than I could before. I guess that's the big news.
CALLIOPE: Good. I hope it keeps up. What's planned for today?
JOE: My daughter, Sue, is taking me out for breakfast for my birthday what was on Sunday. Then I will work a little more on the cover and possibly get it sent in later today.
CALLIOPE: Anything planned for Marital Property?
JOE: Yes. I started a chapter on Tuesday but there were too many distractions. I plan to finish it today.
CALLIOPE: What's it about?
JOE: Strange you should ask. It involves a structured communication process called Vesuvius, after the volcano. It is designed to prevent eruptions or at least minimize them.
CALLIOPE: Does it work for your couple?
JOE: It's a little soon to say. They are still in the middle of the conversation. I guess I better get back to work so I have time to find out how they do.

(Statue- Charlotte Beach, Rochester, NY)

No comments: