Monday, January 21, 2008

Conversations with Calliope


JOE: Good morning Calliope.
CALLIOPE: Good morning Joe. How are you today?
JOE: Fine. I have been quite busy over the weekend despite football.
CALLIOPE: Oh?
JOE: On Saturday, I finished another chapter of Marital Property.
CALLIOPE: Was that it for the weekend?
JOE: No. Yesterday I worked on my next chapter about caring days.
CALLIOPE: What's that?
JOE: A couple exercise where each comes up with a list of little things their spouses can do to show they care.
CALLIOPE: Where did you get that idea?
JOE: I'm not sure. But it is something I used when I was doing marriage counseling. It was helpful, even if just to see if spouses cared at all about each other. If they couldn't come up with anything, I concluded they either had no imagination or little hope for their relationship.
CALLIOPE: Very interesting. Did you get anything else done?
JOE: I did some work on marketing and publicity. On Saturday I refined my announcement and news release. Yesterday I worked on developing a list of publicity resources with the help of the Ross and Ross book, Complete Guide to Self Publishing.
CALLIOPE: Did you come up with much.
JOE: Yes. Quite a list. Most of the resources are rather expensive. My next task is to find a library which has them hand. That's one of my jobs for today. Off to work.
(Nearing sunset- St. Thomas, USVI)

No comments: